Below is a list of just a few of the peer-reviewed journals addressing issues in sport. This list is not exhaustive, and many other journals contain great articles on sport as well. Sometimes journals put out special issues on sport as well.
- Journal of Sport and Social Issues
- Communication and Sport
- Body and Society
- Sociology of Sport
- Sport & Society
- Journal of Sport History
- International Journal of the History of Sport
- Sport in History
- Sport History Review
- Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health
- GLQ special issue on Athleticism
- Sex Roles: A Journal of Research special issue
I encourage you to use library databases as well, such as Jstor. The library has many resources, just a few of which are listed below. You can always ask a librarian as well!